火曜日, 5月 30, 2006

GAH!

I've decided to finally start on Mariah, the pattern by Jodi Greenefeatured on Knitty.

So, I did a swatch. And actual, real swatch. And, I even figured out how to knit correctly (because I knit "backwards" -- right to left needle); I have to twist my knit stitches and on the reverse side, purl with the back loop. It makes an even, nice stitch. I figured out how to do it in the round much, much easier... and it's taken me months to figure out how to do "correct" stitches on flat pieces. Hooray!

Anyway, after doing about... 20 or so lines of the first sleeve of Mariah, I realized that the reason the pattern chart is so hard for me to follow is because it's written so the the right side is followed and the wrong side (which is only knit and purl stitches) is done in the reverse. So I've been twisting all the cables backwards and being confused and... argh.

So, taking pictures tonight, posting maybe a photo, frogging the progress, and starting over again.

Next time: doing both sleeves at the same time.

No sketches in the past week or so. Have been contemplating doing a 24-hour comic... but I would like someone to do it with.

I have started listening to audiobooks as of yesterday. The boy bought a new mp3 player so I have his old (and quirky) one. The book I'm listening to, Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, MUST be read auditorially. No, I'm serious-- the reader of this book is genius and it's really, really good. I love the writing and the storyteller really brings it to life. Gaiman works well with different media; comics (with various artists) and now audiobooks. I should try reading his books by themselves.

0 件のコメント: