日曜日, 5月 07, 2006

Ugh, artist's blo(ck)g


Abstract Rose
Originally uploaded by harisenbon.
I have a semi-assignment (draw irises) but my hands and my mind are just not allowing the iris to flow. So I've got a few failed attempts and a lot of frustration. On days like these, I just don't do art. I should knit instead.

Speaking of knitting, I'm working on a porcupine fish (aka harisenbon)... but it's not looking so good. I prefer knitting everything in the round, you see. Which means that I don't have so much control about the shape and instead of looking like a cute little happy fish, he looks like a puffed up, intimidated fish. I'm going to try to learn to crochet, but...

1 件のコメント:

Doo Dah さんのコメント...

I really like this rose Hari.
This reminds me of the type of art I used to do.
I like the texture in the shading you did, very unique.